Lachenal Edeophone 48 Key Treble

Bill Crossland

Lachenal Edeophone, 48 key treble with ebonised ends. Number 60,249, with six fold original bellows. Newly restored, with new thumbstraps, pads, valves and bushings and the ends refinished with black French polish. Retuned to concert pitch. The concertina has a well fitting, but non original hard case.

This instrument was owned by a Salvation Army missionary from the 1920’s, now long gone, and came to me for restoration. It was completely original, in old pitch and showing some wear reflecting ardent use! It’s a really nice player, and is offered for sale on behalf of the family at an asking price of £1,800. Feel free to get in touch for more pictures or information, or to call and view/play.

That is a very pretty instrument. Bill does lovely work and his prices are very fair.

I am happy to praise his skills. I heartily recommend him for repair and restoration.

He has worked on several instrument for me and I've been happy with all that he's done.

• 3 weeks later...

Lachenal Edeophone, 48 key treble with ebonised ends. Number 60,249, with six fold original bellows. Newly restored, with new thumbstraps, pads, valves and bushings and the ends refinished with black French polish. Retuned to concert pitch. The concertina has a well fitting, but non original hard case.

This instrument was owned by a Salvation Army missionary from the 1920’s, now long gone, and came to me for restoration. It was completely original, in old pitch and showing some wear reflecting ardent use! It’s a really nice player, and is offered for sale on behalf of the family at an asking price of £1,800. Feel free to get in touch for more pictures or information, or to call and view/play.

The instrument is something I am in the market for. If you have further pictures of it I should be grateful if you could let me see them. If I was to visit and try the 'tina out, when would be best for you? Are there any defects I should be aware of other than ageing?

Thanks

daveyb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...