Music Licences

The Business Minister has said that as part of the attempt to abolish unnecessary red tape, they will be cancelling the need to obtain a licence for the performance of live music before 11.0 p.m. This will include such venues as pubs, theatrical groups, schools, etc. etc. Sanity at last! Watch this space.

Les

The Business Minister has said that as part of the attempt to abolish unnecessary red tape, they will be cancelling the need to obtain a licence for the performance of live music before 11.0 p.m. This will include such venues as pubs, theatrical groups, schools, etc. etc. Sanity at last! Watch this space.

Les

hurrah more sessions!!

So many pubs have already closed now..

bans on smoking, bans on music.. I'm surprised they never managed to ban drinking in pubs too :D

I walked past a pub earlier, its been there since 1521 and its now closed and empty.

>>>>I walked past a pub earlier, its been there since 1521 and its now closed and empty.<<<< That is really a shame. Similar things have happened here in Minneapolis (though for different reasons). Can't help thinking of the character Sabina in THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING who, at one point, declares that "the only beauty that's left in the world is beauty that has been overlooked by its persecutors." Perhaps an overstatement, but one that resonates nonetheless.

Andy.