Lachenal C/G Anglo, 30 button, 'rosewood' for sale

tombilly

I have for sale a Lachenal C/G Anglo concertina, 30 button, in close to original condition and in good working order. Numbered 165727, it's the 'fine fretwork rosewood' model, steel reeds etc. Soft padded case. Price is Euro 2300 + shipping etc. if applicable. Located in Wexford, Ireland.

I purchased this about 4 years ago from Chris Algar and have used it regularly as a playing instrument since. I now have a Suttner so my Lachenal is available for sale.

Numbered 165727, it was manufactured around the 1919-1920 period according to estimate. I think it's in near original condition complete with baffles and badges apart from new handstraps and a spring which I replaced earlier this year. The bellows are not as airtight as a new instrument but it's perfectly playable and has never caused me a problem. I've seen a good few of these Lachenals on my travels around Ireland and as often as not, they have been 'souped up' with new buttons, bushings, bellows, baffles removed etc. Anyone who buys this can do what they want with it but I think that it would be nice if it was kept in as close as possible to it's present condition as the stock of these instruments must be shrinking.

Contact me here or by private message. Viewable and playable of course to anyone who wishes to visit.

post-6337-0-07047900-1347884687_thumb.jpg

post-6337-0-32796400-1347884830_thumb.jpg

post-6337-0-46967800-1347884849_thumb.jpg

Edited by tombilly

• 3 weeks later...

I almost got a 26 button version on ebay for $900 and then one with the simple fretwork for 600 pounds sterling. Got outbid both times. It looks like this one has 6 fold bellows, the usual lachenal is 5 fold and lots of people update them to 6 or 7 fold. This one looks like 6 fold bellows although they also look original to my eye. A bit above my price range. I hope to get lucky on ebay sometime in the near future. I lost two of these in a 4 day period how long can it be before they start popping up again?

It looks like this one has 6 fold bellows, the usual lachenal is 5 fold and lots of people update them to 6 or 7 fold. This one looks like 6 fold bellows although they also look original to my eye.

Six fold is normal for original bellows on this model.

I almost got a 26 button version on ebay for $900 and then one with the simple fretwork for 600 pounds sterling. Got outbid both times. It looks like this one has 6 fold bellows, the usual lachenal is 5 fold and lots of people update them to 6 or 7 fold. This one looks like 6 fold bellows although they also look original to my eye. A bit above my price range. I hope to get lucky on ebay sometime in the near future. I lost two of these in a 4 day period how long can it be before they start popping up again?

The cheaper ones usually have 5-folds. The better rosewood ones have 6 as Theo stated.