Anglo Concertina & Tinwhistle Mp3's?

I have a musician friend who has become pretty good on the tinwhistle. Now that I'm a major concertina guy :D I'm curious to hear how these two sound in concert. Can anyone point me to an appropriate link to a downloadable MP3 sample with tinwhistle and Anglo concertina -- particularly without other accompaniment?

-- Mike

I have a musician friend who has become pretty good on the tinwhistle.  Now that I'm a major concertina guy :D  I'm curious to hear how these two sound in concert.  Can anyone point me to an appropriate link to a downloadable MP3 sample with tinwhistle and Anglo concertina -- particularly without other accompaniment?

-- Mike

I can't think of any offhand.

Why not record youselves together?

Even if Sean Potts and Noel Hill had recorded a CD together, you two probably wouldn't sound quite the same.

But I bet you'll still sound pretty good, and you'll also be able to hear what you need to do if you want to make it better.

And of course, we'll hope you put some of your own recordings where we can download them. :)

I have a musician friend who has become pretty good on the tinwhistle.  Now that I'm a major concertina guy :D  I'm curious to hear how these two sound in concert.  Can anyone point me to an appropriate link to a downloadable MP3 sample with tinwhistle and Anglo concertina -- particularly without other accompaniment?

-- Mike

I can't think of any offhand.

Why not record youselves together?

Even if Sean Potts and Noel Hill had recorded a CD together, you two probably wouldn't sound quite the same.

But I bet you'll still sound pretty good, and you'll also be able to hear what you need to do if you want to make it better.

And of course, we'll hope you put some of your own recordings where we can download them. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~mp/fauxduet.mp3

;)

Must apologize. I was trying to be cute responding to Jim's post. I had "Band in a Box" (wunnerful program by the way) do a little "Father O'Flynn" with whistle and harmonica (can't believe the GS midi standard doesn't even include concertina). I shut it down after one chorus and converted it to MP3. Never touched by human hand.... :)

By the way, Stephen Mills was kind enough to send me another, similar, midi file but much nicer, which I've made available here:

http://home.comcast.net/~mp/omkwhistle.mid

This gives me a sense of it, but the midi stuff is really a little ersatz ;) -- if anyone comes across an MP3 or recording with actual tinwhistle and Anglo concertina either alone or right out front, I'd appreciate the reference.

-- Mike