THE SOUND OF LEATHER

THE SOUND OF LEATHER, is a new album by The Lost Chord, Phil Humphries (Serpent) & Dave Townsend (Concertina). They present a selection from their instrumental repertoire; music cheerful & serious, playful & virtuosic, including gems by Handel, Mozart, Sousa, Sullivan &Tchaikovsky.

Visit their website www.lostchord.org.uk here for sample tracks and order details. The sample tracks are full length, which is nice, and the duo play their arrangements, brilliantly, as usual. I shall definitely be buying a copy for my Christmas stocking.

Chris

Thanks for this most inspiring link!

It comes at just the right time, because my wife has pressured our son and myself into playing the Snow Waltz at our daughter's wedding at the end of December. My son only plays the trombone, and the only instrument that I play that can match that for volume is the Crane duet. So we thought, if our duo is a bit incongrouos, at least it's unique. Now we know that it's not unique, and can sound very nice. The Lost Chord gives us something to aim for - admittedly at a much lower level!

Cheers,

John