Carroll Concertina

RP3

I find that as I gain in years, I spend less time with each of my 4 anglo concertinas than they deserve. So I have reluctantly decided to downsize and sell my rosewood-ended Carroll concertina. This is a lovely playing and sounding instrument (#10) that was originally made for me as a Bb/F. Later, I asked Wally to build me a C/G reedpan set to go in it, and I got Greg J. to make a nice custom case for it that even has a little compartment that can hold a digital recorder and mini tripod. I think this concertina sounds great in both pitch combinations. For those who care, this concertina has never been subjected to cigarette smoke or the risks associated with sessions in pubs!

There's a picture of the ends on the Carroll website;I've included 2 photos with this listing; and I can take additional photos on request. I live in Tryon, North Carolina -- about an hour south of Asheville, and if you would like to try before you buy, I would welcome a visit and test drive. The asking price is $8,000 which is just a bit less than it would cost to order a new Carroll in this twin reed pan set configuration with the custom case. I'm not asking any premium for saving you the 3+ year wait for a new one, so my price is firm. You can reach me via this forum's message system or direct e-mail. I can take PayPal if necessary. Shipping and insurance will be extra and payable by the buyer. Like everybody else, I would like to sell it through the forum and avoid eBay and a donation to Paul for the website is a given. I must unfortunately limit this to US sales on account of hassles with overseas transactions.

So this is a great chance for somebody to move up to a top anglo concertina with the special extra of a second reedpan set.

Ross Schlabach

rpsqueezer<nospam>@gmail.com

post-64-0-61182700-1316186608_thumb.jpgpost-64-0-59721800-1316186622_thumb.jpg