A Helpful Cooler To Have

I have a couple of these great little coolers: Igloo 12-quart Ice Cube (though, I paid much less for them, a few years ago... got them at a Wal-Mart or a Target store).

There's a small compartment on the lid, so you can put (very) small ice-packs in there and it'll keep the main cube cool without soaking it.

I don't recommend keeping your concertina in a hot car (...meaning, 'in a car on a hot day,' not in a stolen vehicle, though that would be undesirable as well), but if you must, one of these little coolers is just right.

Up until yesterday, mine was just for groceries while driving from afar. Yesterday I wanted to take my concertina with me somewhere but there was about an hour when I wanted to leave it in the car. Left it in the cooler (with ice packs in the lid), and even though the car got very hot and stuffy, my concertina stayed at a normal temperature.

I put the concertina in it by itself, not with any carrying case. I don't think the case would fit.

I asked Bob Tedrow about leaving the 'tina in a hot car. He told me not to leave it anyplace I wouldn't leave a small child. Good advice. I have just grown thicker skin, and I take the case in where ever I go if I have it (and I almost always have it, sort of like carrying a paperback book around). I do usually explain that I have a musical instrument that I did not want to leave in the car.