Tunes that make you change direction

Many years ago at the Ris Oranges Folk Festival nr Paris I heard this tune played by the group "Fubu" at about 3AM.It was played on two Hurdy Gurdy's and both myself and other members of the band liked it so much we formed "Rosbif" shortly afterwards playing Traditional French Music.

Here it is played on my CG Jeffries Anglo.A very lovely but unuaual Waltz

Have you any tunes that changed your musical direction ?

Al

Many years ago at the Ris Oranges Folk Festival nr Paris I heard this tune played by the group "Fubu" at about 3AM.It was played on two Hurdy Gurdy's and both myself and other members of the band liked it so much we formed "Rosbif" shortly afterwards playing Traditional French Music.

Here it is played on my CG Jeffries Anglo.A very lovely but unuaual Waltz

Al

Al. 'Musical Direction' I am forever attempting to play tunes that take my fancy and that lodge indelibly in my head...no matter what style of music they may be. Some adapt surprisingly well to the Anglo whilst many others will of course prove unsuitable or impractical for the instrument. As a result I find that my 'musical direction' is constantly dodging back and forth, as the mood takes me, in a perpetual adventure of discovery, which is all very much part of the fun as far as I am concerned, (but not necessarily for anyone within listening distance !) One style of music can be a very welcome break from another.

I think there is probably evidence to suggest that some players prefer to stick with one or more of the traditional and established styles that have come to be associated with the Anglo ? Rod

Many years ago at the Ris Oranges Folk Festival nr Paris I heard this

Al

I'm thinking about this one. I was very taken, indeed overwhelmed, by your "come hither!" fluttering eyelashes at the very end which I presume you also learnt under the festival orange trees! Who was she? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: obviously a cracker that produced some fireworks :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCSd4GFAZdI

Many years ago at the Ris Oranges Folk Festival nr Paris I heard this

Al

I'm thinking about this one. I was very taken, indeed overwhelmed, by your "come hither!" fluttering eyelashes at the very end which I presume you also learnt under the festival orange trees! Who was she? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: obviously a cracker that produced some fireworks :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCSd4GFAZdI

No , more like I cannot believe after all those takes that I managed to get through it without a mistake.

As for the young lady

"We are just good friends" !

Al ;)