Magazine article

A couple of weeks ago, two reporters from a local magazine came to the workshop and did a bit of a story about Frank Edgley Concertinas. If you're interested in seeing some pictures etc of my shop, please Google "our Windsor" or go to http://www.ourwindsor.ca/ The worst thing about it is that the pictures show plainly that I'm not getting any younger! :)

The tune I played is a Northumbrian tune, The Carrick Hornpipe, presumably Carrick on Tweed (???) It was composed by Billy Pigg, Northumbrian piper.

Thanks for sharing! I found some sheet music for it here and am happily learning the tune.

Congratulations, Frank. It was a pleasure to have a look at your workshop and see the place where my 'tina was born. And it was an even greater pleasure to hear you playing. (I downloaded the video and am going to learn the tune) Cheers!

Dominic

The B, C, C#, D can be played using the push B on the G row, followed by the C (played with the RH middle finger for Wheatstone), followed by the C# (played by the first finger RH), followed by the push D (RH)---all in the same direction. If using a Jeffries fingered instrument reverse the fingers used to play the C & C#. Try not to run the B, C, C# together---make slightly staccato for best effect. :)