Archers

Cornerstone

Has anyone the dots for 'Barwick Green', the Archers tune? I have been able to find the obvious part of the tune, the bit that introduces the programme daily, but of course the tune carries on quite a bit further.

It does seem odd that a soap set in the Cotswolds should choose a Yorkshire tune for its title music, but it does seem to fit quite well.

Thanks, Chris. That's the bit I've got so far, and it's fine. There is quite a bit more, however. No doubt it will turn up. If all else fails I'll have to buy it, but I'm mean!

It's odd to see it in duple time, which does seem to negate the dumpy-dumpy-dumpy-dumpy-dum of the classic.

Have you seen this one http://www.iliff.co.uk/abc/tunes/316B%20Auntie's%20Jigs.pdf ?

Chas

Thanks, Chris. That's the bit I've got so far, and it's fine. There is quite a bit more, however. No doubt it will turn up. If all else fails I'll have to buy it, but I'm mean!

It's odd to see it in duple time, which does seem to negate the dumpy-dumpy-dumpy-dumpy-dum of the classic.

Whoops! And at various times of my life I've been a daily listener. At least I know where Barwick is, because I often pass the junction on the M1 heading to Harrogate.

I once attended a concert when the whole of the suite from which the Archers theme was taken, and the whole thing is very pleasant. What a shame it isn't played more.

The arrangement I've been told of is meant to accompany dance, and I'll give it a try some day.

Play it as a dotted hornpipe and you will get the "dumpy dumpy..." effect.

Geoff