Henry Silberhorn's Instructor for the Concertina

I found this today at a thrift store and i'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I collect a lot of antique things, and i'm sort of interested if it has any value to it. It is Book I. and on the front it says Price $3.00 and it's from 1927. Great shape too. If anyone has any info great! I would sure appreciate it.

I found this today at a thrift store and i'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I collect a lot of antique things, and i'm sort of interested if it has any value to it. It is Book I. and on the front it says Price $3.00 and it's from 1927. Great shape too. If anyone has any info great! I would sure appreciate it.

Hi,

Umm, this page might be some help...

http://concertinamusic.com/timeline/

From the date of 1885 it includes a few short notes on Henry Silberhorn. As it says on the page, Silberhorn published the first version of the book you are referring to in 1910, so concluding from that, the book you have evidently isn't one of the first prints.

Perhaps it'd be a help to do a few internet searches and even perhaps check out one of your closest largest libraries for info... perhaps over the internet as well?

Hope this is of some help. ;)

Cheers,

Patrick

OHG Did this link lead me astray. I was reading and linking around for an hour and a half! How did I never find this link before? Of course this is all in my part of the world: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois. What would they think if I showed up with my cute Lachenal EC to one of these listed events? I could play the BlueBell Polka for them (from Paul Hardy's session book). Think those big Chimnitzer boys would be impressed? :P

Michelle SE Wis USA

OHG Did this link lead me astray. I was reading and linking around for an hour and a half! How did I never find this link before? Of course this is all in my part of the world: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois...

Michelle SE Wis USA

The link worked ok for me; just that the earliest mention of Henry Silberhorn on that page in 1885. It's lists the dates on the page with a few notes for the years. I thought it pretty easy to find my way around. :)

Me; I sometimes envy people who live so close to areas like that. :) Being in Australia, there aren't [many] concertina makers, etc, but that's ok. Thank the internet for that one ;)

Hi,

Umm, this page might be some help...

From the date of 1885 it includes a few short notes on Henry Silberhorn. As it says on the page, Silberhorn published the first version of the book you are referring to in 1910, so concluding from that, the book you have evidently isn't one of the first prints.

Perhaps it'd be a help to do a few internet searches and even perhaps check out one of your closest largest libraries for info... perhaps over the internet as well?

Hope this is of some help. ;)

Cheers,

Patrick

Interesting site of Concertina History. It obviously focuses on concertina events on the continent, and would be even better if it were more complete to include contributions of Jones, Crabb, Jeffries etc, and the development of the 30 and 30+ button Anglo German instruments. As well it could mention the current concertina revival.