Newbie Anglo C/D Question 2

I have had my concertina for about 2 years but have only been playing it 'seriously' since Christmas. I am doing about 1 hour a day but need a few questions answering if you could be so kind.

Question 2.

I have a lot of trouble when playing in G with the bellows. When playing in C, it seems that the notes fall such that I don't have to worry but I find in G that I quite often run out of bellows room - don't know the technical name. I have to then fall back on playing what I can on the C register until I can get it sorted.

Any thoughts/ advice. Is this normal or am I doing something stupid?

David

Edited by Long Haired David

Handy trick for this problem (it takes some practice, but I promise you that it can be done): let's say you're running out of bellows on the push notes--there aren't enough on the draw to make up for it. What you do is get more air in the bellows by holding down the air button partway while you're playing a note on the draw. The need for practice lies in finding the right amount to press the air button in order to let enough air in while still sounding the note you're trying to play. Naturally, this also works in reverse--if you're getting your bellows out to their full extension from lots of notes on the draw, use the air button while playing on the push.

Joshua