Linota Button Getting Stuck

Hello

One button on my Linota gets stuck or locked when it is tipped at too much of an angle. What is happening is the button is sticking out too high so the bottom of the button gets caught at the top edge of the hole in the board. Someone suggested I bend the arm which holds the button a little. That sounds too drastic.

Could the felt inside the button slot be to thick?

Does any one have any suggestions why this happens and what the best way to fix it is ?

Thanks,

Richard

I'm not sure quite the layout is inside your concertina action.

Is the button lifting too high and the bottom of the button lifting out of the guide hole?

If so it could be that the post holding the pivot on the lever arm has moved upwards and needs to be pushed back down into the action plate.

I have had this on a number of occassions and when the post has been very loose I have taken out the post and very gently squeezed the peg part of it with a pair of wire cutters. This has made a slight burr and just distorted the corners enough to make it a tight fit in the hole again.

I think that this is one area where you have to be careful but you may be able to use an adhesive to secure the post if neccesary without causing future problems.

Robin Madge

The most likely cause is either a loose pillar, as Robin has described, or that the pad has somehow got thinner, either by losing its leather facing, or by moths eating the felt. If it is one of the latter you will need a new pad, though that may necessitate slight bending of the lever if you want to achieve an even button height.