A/E Anglo

I bought this old German-made Anglo off eBay recently. It is in A/E, but is slightly sharp to my ears. The sound quality is very sweet, and I think the reeds may be brass, but I have not yet been inside it. I bought this to learn about repair and maintenance so I might be ready for issues with my Elise Hayden Duet.There are pictures of it on my flickr.com photostream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/temple_tortoise/5441233499/

I would be very interested and grateful if someone could help me identify this make and model.post-7365-0-45665900-1297609210_thumb.jpgpost-7365-0-82021900-1297609309_thumb.jpg

Hi Ray,

Sorry I can't help you identify your latest project. I have an English made A/E Anglo and have found that key to be rarely useful but very handy to have in a few situations. For instance, I play with an Indonesian Gamelan Orchestra (Son of Lion) and wanted to include concertina with the band in a sort of East/West mashup. The A/E was the only instrument that was even close to being in tune with the group. Even then, I only had about four notes per octave to work with because of tuning discrepancies. Perhaps your "slightly sharp" A/E would sound even more in tune than mine.

The claim... there are "over 50 Gamelan" orchestras in the UK! Perhaps there is one near you?

Sorry to take us off topic.

BTW, I greatly enjoyed looking at your non-concertina photos on flicker.