Looking for non-working Concertina loaner

BenT32301

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a stage production of the musical, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, that requires a concertina for an integral relationship plot point. I hope to find a non-working Italian-style, hexagonal shaped concertina that would be lent to the Tallahassee Little Theatre, in Tallahassee Florida, from now through September 27. Non-sound-producing is great as the concertina's music is prerecorded (but it must look like it is playable and is being played by the actor, so we hope to find one without huge holes or gaps in the bellow). We will provide shipping both ways as well as program credit. We will take great care of any lent materials.

You are welcome to verify our production at the theater's web site, www.tallahasseelittletheatre.org. I am listed in the cast link as well as in the Director's Link, (Randi Atwood), as Assistant Director. Shipping will be done straight to the theater.

If anyone is able to assist us with our need, it would be greatly appreciated. You may e-mail me off-list at bent2154@yahoo.com if you have any questions, or post them here. Many, many thanks!

Ben Taylor

Tallahassee, FL

... as the concertina's music is prerecorded ...

Will this be a recording a real concertina or that of an accordion?

I've seen concertina's miming to the sound of an accordion.

Hope that it will be concertina for sake of accuracy.

I hope to find a non-working Italian-style, hexagonal shaped concertina that would be lent to the Tallahassee Little Theatre, in Tallahassee Florida, from now through September 27. Non-sound-producing is great as the concertina's music is prerecorded (but it must look like it is playable and is being played by the actor, so we hope to find one without huge holes or gaps in the bellow).

NOTE: If you can get someone to lend you a decent English-made concertina, it can be temporarily silenced (for its stage appearance) by removing the reed pans (keeping them safe for subsequent re-insertion, of course). It's the work of a few minutes, and the same amount of time to restore it to playability. The instrument could even be "played" correctly on stage; it just wouldn't produce any notes.

If it's from a player (one of our members, perhaps?) close enough to Tallahassee, possibly they could even play for the pre-recorded soundtrack (if it's not already too late), thus insuring that the sound of the concertina is truly the sound of a concertina. And in that case, "shipping" could also be done by personal delivery.