Pipes and Concertina

I just saw Hugh Healy and Michael"Blackie" O' Connell released a cd called "We Were Drinking and Kissing The Ladies". Time to order it. Love the title, it was a tune I heard from John Kelly Sr. many years ago.

Yeah "Blackie" is a wild piper, he took East Durham's Irish Arts festival by storm last year. I'm heading there on sunday and will definitely buy their CD if it's available.

Friend of mine bought this CD a couple of days ago & he was telling me, at the session last night, that it's ... "tasty, tasty, very, very tasty!" B)

The only pity is that it's in concert pitch.

Of course, that won't stop me buying it, but I do prefer flat pipes.

Must get myself some pitch changing software! ;)

Cheers,

Dick

I'm listening to it right now. I ordered it from Custy's on the evening of July 4 and received it in Colorado on July 8. Great stuff.

Dick, I love that it's all in concert pitch, because I can start playing along on my C/G anglo without running it through pitch-changing software.

I just noticed that track 6 begins with the (uncredited) Phil Cunningham tune, "The Hut on Staffin Island," which is listed as "The Hut on Staten Island." :lol: (Not too many huts there -- Staten Island is one of the boroughs of New York City.)