Wanted

PeterWHable

Wanted: Bastari Hayden bandoneon
It's not a bandoneon. The Hayden is a duet concertina and I think it's Stagi made.

Bastari (not Stagi) made a small number of large square 67-button Haydens. Some people refer to them as bandoneons because of their shape, size and number of buttons. See this thread.

It's not a bandoneon. The Hayden is a duet concertina and I think it's Stagi made.

A bandoneon is a Duet Concertina. Most are enlarged Anglos in, I believe, A? Some are in Chromatic layout.

Bastari (not Stagi) made a small number of large square 67-button Haydens. Some people refer to them as bandoneons because of their shape, size and number of buttons. See this thread.

Apologies; I stand corrected. I wonder though what Brian Hayden, 'Inventor', would call his instrument? Now I think (!) about it I remember him selling an instrument as described a couple of years ago at Kilve.

It might be worth sending him a PM to see if he has one available.

Good luck.

Edited by John Adey

If you're open to other Hayden bandoneon options, the 2006 thread about Harry Geuns (in Belgium) Hayden bandoneons appears to have been revived. Not sure what the current status of the proposed project is, but there are at least a couple folks pushing for an inexpensive bandoneon with some outsourced components and hybrid reeds:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4380

I, for one, would definitely be down, and help scrounge up more orders, if an import version in the $1500-ish range pops up. He's moving his basic student bandoneon with outsourceds/hybrids for $980, so theoretically if he could get enough orders I don't think <$2K would be unattainable. Just not sure if there are enough folks wanting unisonoric bandoneons to make that demand.

I'm not totally clear if his proposed Haydens would be trad bandoneons, or with the "corner keyboard" layout like some of his more modern boxes:

2006-11-14%20hk%20-%20Harry%20Geuns%20Hybrid%20Bandoneon1.jpg