Musicians in new TV Advert for Norn Iron!

Just in case anyone here is wondering who the musicians are, in that new TV Advert for Norn Iron, that's doing the rounds on a telly near you, I can now put you out of your misery ...

It's us, the Bushmills Inn session regulars, formerly known as Scad the Beggars

They filmed that back in the Summer & I haven't actually seen it yet myself, but I do trust that it's not as cheesy as they often are.

Once they had the six of us set up for the scene, they brought in a couple of young actors, probably because we're just a bunch of old farts! :lol:

Anyway, the point is, they gave the young fella this cheap & cheerful, gaudy Anglo Concertina to mime with.

Of course after THREE attempts, he still wasn't holding it correctly, so I had to place it in his hands the right way up & around! :rolleyes:

So, if he & the concertina are seen in the advert, I'm sure it'll be pretty obvious that he isn't actually playing it.

I'd have quite happily played my Wheatstone that day, but because they had the cheap Concertina for him, they preferred that I play my Fiddle. ...... & there's no way I was going to let that young actor mess around with a real instrument! :angry:

By the way, if you have already seen it, care to put a name to the tune we played? B)

..... That is, assuming our music hasn't been dubbed over!

Cheers

Dick

Just in case anyone here is wondering who the musicians are, in that new TV Advert for Norn Iron, that's doing the rounds on a telly near you, I can now put you out of your misery ...

They filmed that back in the Summer & I haven't actually seen it yet myself, but I do trust that it's not as cheesy as they often are.

Once they had the six of us set up for the scene, they brought in a couple of young actors, probably because we're just a bunch of old farts! :lol:

Anyway, the point is, they gave the young fella this cheap & cheerful, gaudy Anglo Concertina to mime with.

Of course after THREE attempts, he still wasn't holding it correctly, so I had to place it in his hands the right way up & around! :rolleyes:

So, if he & the concertina are seen in the advert, I'm sure it'll be pretty obvious that he isn't actually playing it.

I'd have quite happily played my Wheatstone that day, but because they had the cheap Concertina for him, they preferred that I play my Fiddle. ...... & there's no way I was going to let that young actor mess around with a real instrument! :angry:

By the way, if you have already seen it, care to put a name to the tune we played? B)

Cheers

Dick

Hi Ptarmi - I thought I recognised you!

I didn't catch much of the ad - I'll see if I can recognise the tune and spot the anglo next time round

Maybe it'll turn up on youtube soon

Chris

Cheers

Dick

Ah Dick ... you had me puzzled there. I was trying to work out what the hell Norn Iron was ... until I googled it. Had you siad "Northern Ireland" I would have known immediately that I had seen the ad (and posted the fact on LDT's thread about concertina on TV). :rolleyes: I'm assuming this is the one that has a concertina being played in a boat at some point? If it comes up again I'll pay closer attention - the sound was off when I first spotted it!

Ah Dick ... you had me puzzled there. I was trying to work out what the hell Norn Iron was ... until I googled it. Had you siad "Northern Ireland" I would have known immediately that I had seen the ad (and posted the fact on LDT's thread about concertina on TV). :rolleyes: I'm assuming this is the one that has a concertina being played in a boat at some point? If it comes up again I'll pay closer attention - the sound was off when I first spotted it!

Sorry Irene but I've not seen it yet, so I'm afraid I have no idea whether there's a scene with a Concertina in a boat, or not.

We were only involved in one scene & that was in the pub.