EC in Irish Session - on Country Tracks today!

Country Tracks this morning, came from over here in our wee patch of Co Antrim in Norn Iron!

The last 10 minutes or so, featured our weekly session in the Springhill Bar in Portrush.

In the session, you can see the usual Fiddles, Melodeon, Bouzouki, Uilleann Pipes, Harp, plus Scottish Smallpipes & Bodhran

.... plus Jo playing her Wheastone EC.

If you missed it, you can catch it again on Thursday afternoon at 02.50pm on BBC1.

After that, you may be able to watch it on the BBC iPlayer

I'm not sure though, if I'll ever recover from the shame of being 'OUTED' on national TV, as a closet Bodhran Player!

Cheers

Dick

If you missed it, you can now watch our wee 'Country Tracks' session clip on the BBC1 iPlayer

Wish I could.

"Not available in your area."

I'm not sure though, if I'll ever recover from the shame of being 'OUTED' on national TV, as a closet Bodhran Player!

You hold your sessions in a closet? :unsure:

I'm sure that one day we'll forgive you. We will, won't we, er won't we? Come on, lads, it is a first offence, after all!

Truly a first offence, or just the first time it was captured by the surveillance camera? :unsure:

"Not available in your area."

[/indent]

That's a pity Jim, cause I got a note from a friend in the south of France, who watched the show. Perhaps via some kind of satellite.

Och well, maybe someone will eventually steal the clip & post it on YouTube! :P

Cheers

Dick

Jim,

Sorry I can't help with that show yesterday, but you might like to know that three of us played on the BBC's Blas Ceoil show here in Northern Ireland a couple of weeks ago.

Here are links to the four sets we played.

No Concertina I'm afraid but Ciaran Kelly is a fine Melodeon player & I was on Fiddle.

Ciaran Curran of Altan of course, needs no introduction. ;)

For ease of access here are four handy links of us playing:

Le Reel du champs de bleuets / Le Reel des voyageurs

The Dernawilt Jig / Port Conallach / Con Cassidys

Joe Ryan's Waltz / Jimí Bhidí Mhicís Waltz

The Cuilcagh Polkas / The Sliabh Lucan Polka

For anyone else, like yourself Jim, who just can't access the Video Clips, fear not, for you can still hear their audio files here:

Ciarán Kelly

Cheers

Dick