Minimal case for tiny tina

richard

Hello

I have had an obsession to create the smallest case possible to hold my small size Lachenal 26 button Anglo(5 1/4" flat to flat). I thought I would use this instrument to take on trips when size and weight should be at a minimum. I had wanted a concertina that wouldn't be as precious and irreplaceable as my other instruments. (well......it turns out that this wee concertina is a great little instrument and is irreplaceable and precious to me.)

I have a sturdier case that I can use, but I just finished my tiny case which I could use for traveling. It won't protect the concertina from dropping a great distance or if it is sat upon but it is relatively sturdy and very light. I tried to have it made just big enough to hold the instrument with a few bits of felt to cushion and protect the wood. The leather of the handles cushions the end sides of the concertina. It is made from 1/8 inch plastic (foam pvc) with a plastic hinge. I have put off using metal hardware for the closing clasp, and have made a velcroed strap that does the job. Here are some photos:

Edited by richard