Concertina In Canadian Film

I'm not sure if anyone has ever referenced this video here before or not... but the other day I was looking around on YouTube.com for this Canadian short film that used to be on television all the time when I was growing up so I could show it to my non-Canadian husband... It's called the "Log Driver's Waltz" and it's a cute little short. Anyway, the reason I'm bringing up here is because at one point the log-driver picks up a concertina and plays it for a while as he floats downstream on a log. It's not really a big deal or anything, but it seemed to me that maybe someone here might get a wee kick out of it. Hope so!

hmmm.... i guess i accidentally pressed the 'add reply' button before i was done. is there any way to delete this topic?

also, just incase you clicked on this topic before the other one of the same name above, the link is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2zAUbe_7fNA

sorry for the trouble

Edited by gretchen

Anyway, the reason I'm bringing up here is because at one point the log-driver picks up a concertina and plays it for a while as he floats downstream on a log.

I hope it's not a valuable concertina...

:P

Howdy:

Wasn't there a free reed instrument out there that was known as the "floatina".

Oops, I guess that was a flautina.

Sorry.

Have fun,

Perry Werner

Anyway, the reason I'm bringing up here is because at one point the log-driver picks up a concertina and plays it for a while as he floats downstream on a log.

Not any more. :o

But I think one of our local narrow-boaters may have experience with restoring such a wet-tuned instrument. :D

Not any more. :o ...

When I posted my initial response, I had not yet seen the film. I didn't know it was animated. Makes all the difference. :)