Typing An Concertina?

LDT

I've noticed since I started learning the concertina..my typing has improved. Anyone else had any positive side effects of learning to play?

Not really, but all the typing I'm doing on concertina.net is improving my concertina playing ;)

• 1 month later...
I've noticed since I started learning the concertina..my typing has improved. Anyone else had any positive side effects of learning to play?
Not really, but all the typing I'm doing on concertina.net is improving my concertina playing ;)

Assuming that the typing you're doing is what I know as "touch typing" (using all your fingers), and not "hunt and peck" (using only one or two fingers), the two (typing and concertina playing) should positively reinforce each other. If they didn't, I would suspect that something was being done "wrong".

Assuming that the typing you're doing is what I know as "touch typing" (using all your fingers), and not "hunt and peck" (using only one or two fingers), the two (typing and concertina playing) should positively reinforce each other.

I find the keyboard to be a nightmare; letters seldom seem to be where they were the last time I used them ....... now if only they sounded different, I don't think I'd have a problem!

Welcome back, Jim.