Button Layout Lachenal Maccann Duet

Hello! I've obtained the "standard" button layout for this 46 key instrument online but the notes don't seem to match when I play corresponding notes on my electronic keyboard. Is there an alternate layout? Is it possible the restoration work mis-tuned the instrument?

I suppose the most accurate way to determine actual tuning is to us an electronic tuner as my ear is not that accurate.

Thanks again!

Edited by KikiDb

OK, I was able to check this with an electronic tuner today and according to it, all keys are a half-step sharp. The shop owner did warn me that the electronic tuner, while great for stringed instruments, might not work well for this instrument.

SO, what do I do?

1. Make everyone I play with tune to me and avoid playing with keyboardists and other non-tuneables?

2. Travel great distances to new places and have a a Great Concertina Wizard adjust the tuning?

3. Learn to play with idiosyncratic fingering (and not be able to play some chords the way I'd like)?

Anyone else have a similar problem with their 'tinas?

Again, thanks!

OK, I was able to check this with an electronic tuner today and according to it, all keys are a half-step sharp. The shop owner did warn me that the electronic tuner, while great for stringed instruments, might not work well for this instrument.

SO, what do I do?

1. Make everyone I play with tune to me and avoid playing with keyboardists and other non-tuneables?

2. Travel great distances to new places and have a a Great Concertina Wizard adjust the tuning?

3. Learn to play with idiosyncratic fingering (and not be able to play some chords the way I'd like)?

Anyone else have a similar problem with their 'tinas?

Again, thanks!

I think you've managed to obtain an instrument in its original pitch, rather than standard modern pitch. See this article on pitch for a basic description. The Maccann Duet started being made in 1884, and modern pitch didn't become standard until the late 1930s. But since you say its been restored, was it supposed to have been returned to modern pitch, or just tweaked so it was in tune with itself?