3 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence Reeves

Lawrence Reeves

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

I just received a new device for tracking humidity inside the case. D'Addario Humiditrak. It connects via bluetooth to a smart phone, sends an alert when humidity goes above or below the limits I set. Does the same for temperature, and impact. It is tiny and lives in the case either attached with velcro, or a small provided clip. Because my cases have accessory pockets,  I just placed it loose in there.  I also purchased the small instrument humidifier to live in the case. Any humidifier is fine, but I needed another anyway. In addition to this bluetooth accessory I use a Tile tracker. On the odd chance I become separated from my case I can find it on the app, and even ring the device with an alert from the phone.

#2 Terence

Terence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

Wow, nice technology for the instrument. How do you know the best humidity percentage for the reeds, wood and bellow ? And the allowable variation before to consider it's too low or high ?

#3 Lawrence Reeves

Lawrence Reeves

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

To be totally honest I don't know an ideal. I put the humidifier in the case during winter months, In my room the humidity is often 18-26%, my case goal is above 30%. 

#4 David Barnert

David Barnert

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

If it connects by Bluetooth, how do you know if there are irregularities when you are distant from the sensor (out of the house, eg.).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users