Announce Wikitina - The Concertina Wiki

Hiya Chris,

Super clear. I got it. Sooo, if I, the computer illiterate in the bunch, can understand you, coyotes in the forest can now use your forum.

Hope the green to brown is not a nature metaphor. <_<

Thanks for the expertise. I am telling myself others had the same questions, but didn't ask. Doesn't matter if it's not true, this philosophy helps me sleep at night. (Okay, so I guess that is delusional, but hey, whatever floats your boat.) (I just like that saying, I know it has no relevance.) (Of course, now someone will post a nautical linkage of boats and concertinas.) (Perhaps sailors playing them.) (Okay, I got to use that saying because it has complete relevance.) (Floats your boat, floats your boat, floats your boat.) :blink: :unsure: :(

Helen

Hope the green to brown is not a nature metaphor. <_<

Both styles of link used to be brown, but during pre-release testing someone complained they couldn't read the query links, so I changed the colour to something that I thought looked nice - I'm not very good on metaphors, so I sdidn't see the connection you made. Oh well...

Chris

Sorry Chris,

I was just teasing. If green to brown was a metaphor of nature, you would go from something lush, vibrant and alive to something dead. Sorry, just a joke.

Changing color is really a good thing. What I liked about the old threads (and please let's not go there in discussion) was the parts of threads that I had read had changed color. It was an easy way to know I had read them.

Your words changing color will also be an easy message that something has changed. So, it's great. Forget the teasing. I like your forum.

You've worked hard on it. Now sit back and watch everyone have fun with it. You have explained it well. You are dealing with a wide variety of computer literacy in your audience. So, some of us will hit snags that others will not due to computer experience.

Thanks for the new forum.

Helen

Edited by Helen

I'm actually quite excited by it, as it's picking up a head of steam faster than I expected, and some good stuff is going in.

Mini Announcement:- I'm going away up to Scotland for a week. If anyone has any problems or queries with the wiki, by all means post them here, or use the response form you can get to through the If All Else Fails link. I shall follow them up on my return.

Chris

I'm actually quite excited by it, as it's picking up a head of steam faster than I expected, and some good stuff is going in.

Mini Announcement:- I'm going away up to Scotland for a week. If anyone has any problems or queries with the wiki, by all means post them here, or use the response form you can get to through the If All Else Fails link. I shall follow them up on my return.

Chris

Or before then! There are computers in Scotland, too, y'know <_< !

Samantha :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Chris,

In response to your comments in the thread about Simon Wells very nice anglo tutor, I hope you will not be discouraged by what you may perceive as a "slow start" for the Wiki. Many very worthwhile projects take a long time to be appreciated. I don't know what it costs you to keep the Wikitina running, but if you can afford to do so without painful sacrifice and if YOU believe in it you may yet see it grow. Even if you never see a single enouraging result from it that does not mean it has not been a benefit to someone else.

Unfortunately my computer resources are very limited but I know there are many out there who have better equipment and much more ability, and may have a lot to contribute to it. I certainly enjoyed what I was able to glean from the Wikitina.

Or maybe, even if you put this project aside for a time, it will only be because the success of your FAQ makes it pale by comparison.

Paul