Mr Grumpy Plays The Concertina

Just came across this photo of me and Anne and, er, someone else playing concertina. No idea who took the photo, though I remember the occasion as being 1st January this year. People have commented on other photos that I look pretty grim when I'm playing concertina. Never seen it myself, but I have to agree that this time we don't look all that cheerful ...

mumminglarge7.jpg

Chris

Edited by Chris Timson

Just came across this photo of me and Anne and, er, someone else playing concertina. No idea who took the photo, though I remember the occasion as being 1st January this year. People have commented on other photos that I look pretty grim when I'm playing concertina. Never seen it myself, but I have to agree that this time we don't look all that cheerful ...

mumminglarge7.jpg

Chris

Well, I'm not surprised, then. Ist January; bits tend to fall off at this time of the year :( (unless you live "down under"), although dancers, being perverse people, seem to like this freezing cold weather.

Regards,

Peter.

Starting campaign for dancing the Morris at the "proper" time of the year. :) . That way, we can spend the other eleven months of the year doing other things!

That's Colin Dipper in the middle, isn't it, playing one of his custom jobs?

:P

More like Henry Kipper :D Oh heck...............he died some years back, didn't he? :o

Edited to add link for the benefit of those unfamiliar with the Trunch Tradition:

http://www.spineless.idps.co.uk/advanced/endofanerror.htm

Edited by PeterT

Nah, bit too much hair for Colin. You might be right about the concertina though. I think he said it was from Transylvania and was called a Fanglo.

Ahem.

Chris

:P

More like Henry Kipper :D Oh heck...............he died some years back, didn't he? :o

Or maybe Chris got the year wrong!!

It might be an old photo of Henry Kipper before his beard turned white.

:D :)

- John