Wakker W-H1 for sale

danersen

is this the same instrument as the 2007-made hayden listed for sale used in this 2010 post?

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11030&st=0&p=110303&hl=+wakker%20+quilted%20+maple&fromsearch=1entry110303

the w-h1 by definition has the slant? Is there a command one can use to rotate the pics for a feel for the slant angle?

what is "the experiment?"

Edited by ceemonster

the w-h1 by definition has the slant? Is there a command one can use to rotate the pics for a feel for the slant angle?

Yes: the W-H1 (H for Hayden) has the slant that Brian Hayden described in his specifications. The W-W1 (W for Wicki) has no slant, as Wicki described none.

Brian once divulged his specification in this forum:

16mm between the centres of buttons along the rows 9mm between one row and the next above - to give an equal spacing of 12mm between the nearest buttons along the diagonal. The rows to slope down at an angle of 10.5 degrees towards the thumbs. Large flat top buttons are preferable.

what is "the experiment?"

I think he meant the experiment to see if the Hayden is the instrument for him. Apparently it lost out to a Ukulele.

In reply to above ...

I tried to rotate the photos with no success when I uploaded them.

They are oriented horizontally on my computer, but for some reason, they persist in displaying in the vertical orientation.

This instrument is the Hayden style with the slanted/angled keyboard.

Edited by danersen