Simon Thoumire online skype lessons

Hi guys,

I'm starting up online skype lessons for anyone who wants an English Concertina lesson. I'm just working it out so if anyone wants a lesson get in touch via email - simon@footstompin.com or reply to this thread. I'm keeping it cheap til I see how it works so I'm charging £10 for 30 minutes. Sorry for the brazen approach to concertina.net - an amazing resource and forum.

To make this work you'll need Skype (free download) and a webcam which has a mic in it (most do).

If you haven't heard me before here's a clip of my playing on YouTube

Many thanks.

Cheers, Simon

Simon, What an honor and pleasure to have you on board. I expect a great many here know exactly who you are and how you play. Maybe I should switch to EC and start learning!

Cheers,

Ken

chief bottle washer

This sounds awesome. I'm about to leave behind the internet all summer, but when I come back I might see about this. I have skype, and I'd like to improve my concertina playing. Would you teach a not-so-great player? I've been teaching myself for a few years now, but I consider myself an advanced beginner. Also, I'm in the states.

In any case, I'd be interested if it's a possibility.

Edited by Fiddlehead Fern

• 2 weeks later...

Simon, I downloaded some lessons on the web from you a while back. Would this be similar or more customized? I am playing some jazz now,

and I haven't been able to find much information on how to approach improv on the concertina, so I would be interested in something along that line. Thanks.

Hi Simon! I tried to send you an email for the skype lessons, I don't know if you got it. I'm very interested in having lessons with you Simon, if you still want to give them.

All the best,

Fernando

Simon, I downloaded some lessons on the web from you a while back. Would this be similar or more customized? I am playing some jazz now,

and I haven't been able to find much information on how to approach improv on the concertina, so I would be interested in something along that line. Thanks.

HI SqeezerGeezer, sorry for delay in replying. I see this as being more 'student' driven and discussing matters that are relevant to the player with me adding my thoughts on technique etc. If you want to continue discussion my idea is to offer first initial chat free so we can check quality, suitability etc. Cheers, Simon

Hi Simon! I tried to send you an email for the skype lessons, I don't know if you got it. I'm very interested in having lessons with you Simon, if you still want to give them.

All the best,

Fernando

HI Fernando, I've just emailed you.