Anglo International - Disc 1 disaster

I was getting disc 1 of this wonderful collection out of the case to play this evening. The disc stuck slightly and next thing I knew the disc had cracked across.

Is there any kind soul who would do me a copy of their disc 1 if I post them the cracked one (for evidence!) a blank CD-R and an SAE? (I've asked Alan Day and he's ok with the request.)

While I'm at it, I'm going to plug this wonderful collection, which doesn't seem to be mentioned on c.net as often as it deserves. As well as lots of great Irish and English style playing there are some ragtime and classical tracks as well as some truly amazing playing from South Africa and other stuff.

OK it would be possible to argue until the cows come home about who and what ISN'T on it, but even with three cds there's only so much space. Buy it! (Follow the English International banner when it pops up, or go via the sponsors page of c.net.)

You can even download the 48 page booklet in pdf so you know just what you're missing out on until you get it!

(But would someone kindly help with my cracked cd!)

Thank you

Tom

I was getting disc 1 of this wonderful collection out of the case to play this evening. The disc stuck slightly and next thing I knew the disc had cracked across.

Is there any kind soul who would do me a copy of their disc 1 if I post them the cracked one (for evidence!) a blank CD-R and an SAE? (I've asked Alan Day and he's ok with the request.)

It just goes to show that English International is not all it is cracked up to be. :ph34r: BTW, I bought my set, directly from Al, himself, when the first batch became available for sale, and when I unwrapped it to play it, I found disc 1 was missing from the set. :( A call to Roots Records' Graham Bradshaw elicited an immediate apology and a few days later, I received a copy of disc 1 in the post. :) I agree that the set is a wonderful compilation of varied music played on the EC by some extremely talented players and a joy to listen to again and again. Every serious concertina enthusiast should own a set, whether or not they play the EC. Al and Graham are to be congratulated for their efforts in producing this long overdue compilation.

Chris