Folktrax CDs

Has anyone recently purchased any CDs from Folk Tracks which has been taken up since Peter Kennedy's death by Topic under the name of Folktrax. I understand that distribution is in the hands of an American distributor until Topic does some reissues. Despite all the misgivings about the way PK treated traditional singers and players his stuff is a phenomenal reource.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone recently purchased any CDs from Folk Tracks which has been taken up since Peter Kennedy's death by Topic under the name of Folktrax. I understand that distribution is in the hands of an American distributor until Topic does some reissues. Despite all the misgivings about the way PK treated traditional singers and players his stuff is a phenomenal reource.

It is my understanding from information gleaned from the Traditional Song Forum and other sources that Topic will start releasing these as part of a second "Voice of the People" series in 2010 (I believe it was originally intended to be 2009?)

It would appear that at the moment the back catalogue can be purchased from Camsco Music ... there are certainly Folktrax CDs in their catalogue... http://camscomusic.com/

It is my understanding from information gleaned from the Traditional Song Forum and other sources that Topic will start releasing these as part of a second "Voice of the People" series in 2010 (I believe it was originally intended to be 2009?)

It would appear that at the moment the back catalogue can be purchased from Camsco Music ... there are certainly Folktrax CDs in their catalogue... http://camscomusic.com/

Many thanks

Mike