Is this concertina ?

Not convinced myself. Sounds more whistley than free-reedy to me. Some sort of pipe organ?

Same here!

The melody does sound sort of whistley, though the bass sounds free-reedy. I would take the "garmonia" (a diatonic accordion, I believe) at face value, and not suppose it to be a bayan (chromatic button accordion). This is the kind of piece that a bayan player could manage on his own, without a second instrument for melody.

Cheers,

John

When I listen to it carefully, I hear :

-a bass voice

-a "vibrato-ish" treble voice (like a double-reeded accordion)

-a "whistley" treble voice , more like an English Concertina.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were concertina, since this instrument was common in Russia at the beginning of the century. By the way, 3 great early American concertinists were Russian by origin : Grigoriy Matusewitch, Raphael Sonnenberg and Piroshnikoff.

When I listen to it carefully, I hear :

-a bass voice

-a "vibrato-ish" treble voice (like a double-reeded accordion)

-a "whistley" treble voice , more like an English Concertina.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were concertina, since this instrument was common in Russia at the beginning of the century. By the way, 3 great early American concertinists were Russian by origin : Grigoriy Matusewitch, Raphael Sonnenberg and Piroshnikoff.

My impression is that the playing instuments here are an organ (harmonium) for the whistle sound and a clarinet. Listening to some of the ornamentations of the whistle sond I think to hear that it is typically for a piano keyboard layout.