Anything happening in San Diego?

Bill N

I'll be in San Diego between Christmas and New Years, and am wondering if it's worth bringing my concertina. Anyone running a newbie friendly session in the area that week? (I play a GD anglo, and am concentrating on English dance tunes. I would describe myself as an advanced beginner. )

It's always worth it to bring your concertina! I'm in Los Angeles, and I know there's an Irish jam session at the Auld Dubliner in Long Beach on Sunday afternoons (4:00pm-8:00pm), and I've seen a fellow or two there with concertinas, but I'm not sure if it's a session one can just jump in on.

It's always worth it to bring your concertina! I'm in Los Angeles, and I know there's an Irish jam session at the Auld Dubliner in Long Beach on Sunday afternoons (4:00pm-8:00pm), and I've seen a fellow or two there with concertinas, but I'm not sure if it's a session one can just jump in on.

Thanks Patrick,

You're probably right. Even if I don't find a session, maybe I can find a quiet spot on the beach at Torrey Pines, out of earshot from the hotel! I haven't gone more than a couple of days without playing since I started learning, and I think I would miss it. I don't think I'll make it to Long Beach this time, but I'll keep it in mind next time I visit my sister-in-law in Pomona.

B