Identification required please

Turbogal

28554. Model 5, rosewood ends superior materials and finish, one of a batch of six dated 23rd August 1920, it's batch number was 11 (as seen in the pics). It was the only one in the batch to have factory fitted wrist straps. Sold for the princely sum of £12/0/0 according to the 1920 price list, wrist straps would of course have been extra. Nice box, I'm pleased for you Liz.

Now if only we can get you learning to play it. G'wan, you know you want to. :ph34r:

Pete. :D

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pete for the extra information, that would of been alot of money in its day :blink: , and according to the calculator on concertina.com worth about £1195 in todays money.

I truly wish that I had the time to learn how to play it, however, it will eventually be sold, probably via ebay due to its worldwide audience, and I hope that it will have a new owner that uses it as it should be.

I truly wish that I had the time to learn how to play it, however, it will eventually be sold, probably via ebay due to its worldwide audience, and I hope that it will have a new owner that uses it as it should be.

Sad, but I guess realistic. Still; you've had some interest, and provided us with a fascinating topic by making your original posting.

Regards,

the other Peter.