Mexican Waltz & Dancing Pink Elephant

Boney

Well the waltz is very nice and all that, but the Baby elephant dance is superb. Brilliant. And that's before you get onto your surreal dancer... also brilliant but very, very, strange.

Excellent stuff Jeff. I loved every moment of it.

And the second is "Baby Elephant Walk" by Henry Mancini, adapted from the piano score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVOOmmQA5Q

Hi Jeff,

You were so wrapped up in your playing ......... so; how did you keep a "straight face"?

I think that you've quickly become the leading player of the Hayden Duet, in terms of the interesting arrangements which you use. I'm sure that Brian Hayden will be impressed when he sees the video!

Regards,

Peter.

And the second is "Baby Elephant Walk" by Henry Mancini, adapted from the piano score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVOOmmQA5Q

Hi Jeff,

You were so wrapped up in your playing ......... so; how did you keep a "straight face"?

I think that you've quickly become the leading player of the Hayden Duet, in terms of the interesting arrangements which you use. I'm sure that Brian Hayden will be impressed when he sees the video!

Regards,

Peter.

Agreed!!! that is a superb arrangement...and a very entertaining video too!!!! Keep it up! Cheers LIAM!

Don't the rest of you like this?????

I DO! Just didn't get a chance to say so until now. It's been such a long time since I've seen any pink elephants. Not since I stopped .............

Great playing Jeff! Both of them.

Thank :D

Leo

Don't know whether you spotted it but there was a pink elephant behind you. :P :blink:

Yes...I need new screens on the windows.

Mostly by not looking...I could see her in the camera viewscreen if I looked at it, so mostly I didn't. It's about all I can do to play the tune, and distractions don't help -- but that's part of the reason I record them, to get used to pressure and distractions.

Maybe I'll edit up some outtakes from the Baby Elephant session and post them.

I've got a few more arrangements I can't play yet (as opposed to all the ones I can barely play, which are already posted). Some are ludicrously ambitious, but technically feasible, though you won't be hearing them any time soon. Others will just take time to learn and polish. And I think I can post four or five more tunes before I'll need to revisit a musical genre...

Eh, nothing I haven't heard before ad nauseam.

Anyway, thanks for the appreciation and encouragement!

thanks for these, a joy to watch, makes me consider looking at a Duet

And so you should, you can do so much more with a duet. You need to be committed and accept that you will have to put considerable time in. No point if you don't practice; you don't just magically outdistance all those well-rehearsed English and Anglo players. But the machine will let you if you give it half a chance.

Some of us are just a bit slow in reading everything and as Jeff is a duet player you're perhaps a bit more 'tuned in' than than others. The waltz I can take or leave but the Mancini piece is excellent, bravo!