Henry Sulks.

PeterT

Henry, my long-time companion, has been sulking in his box in recent weeks, refusing to be played. It was only when I viewed another post, yesterday, that I realised ...... and checked the Wheatstone Ledgers. Henry (No.27835) was 90 last month, and I totally forgot his Birthday. A couple of years ago, I had envisaged a nice party, and had plans to invite a few of his friends; somehow, it just slipped my mind .... guess my thoughts were elsewhere.

Henry, if I promise to play you regularly, or perhaps give you a nice holiday, will you forgive me ....... :unsure:

In California we are permitted to legally wed our concertinas!

Well, we're not quite that intimate ...... just good friends!

Well, I think so ....... but then I didn't even remember his name correctly, so no wonder he was sulking! Harvey was named by a friend of mine; she thought that it was an appropriate name since he likes beer (allegedly, and at a safe distance from bellows and working parts).

Maybe I'm the one needing a holiday :unsure:

Henry, my long-time companion, has been sulking in his box in recent weeks, refusing to be played. It was only when I viewed another post, yesterday, that I realised ...... and checked the Wheatstone Ledgers. Henry (No.27835) was 90 last month, and I totally forgot his Birthday. A couple of years ago, I had envisaged a nice party, and had plans to invite a few of his friends; somehow, it just slipped my mind .... guess my thoughts were elsewhere.

Henry, if I promise to play you regularly, or perhaps give you a nice holiday, will you forgive me ....... :unsure:

Hooray for Henry! But, who's Harvey then, Peter? My Lachenal Edeophone treble, Eddie, serial no. 58856, though it is difficult to date Lachenals, is believed to have been made in 1928, so would be 80 this year. A mere youngster, but very well preserved for his age, including his original bellows and leather case. And Eddie, lucky fella, gets taken out of his case and played every day. :)

Chris

How about Valentino ..... or is he "up North"?

Valentino.......is "down south", you will be pleased to know. It were too grim "up north". And he gets played at least twice a week.

That will probably please someone, if she re-visits this thread :) .

[quote name='PeterT' My Lachenal Edeophone treble, Eddie, serial no. 58856, though it is difficult to date Lachenals, is believed to have been made in 1928, so would be 80 this year. A mere youngster, but very well preserved for his age, including his original bellows and leather case. And Eddie, lucky fella, gets taken out of his case and played every day. :)

Chris

Chris,

A male Edeophone? Surely female with that more rounded shape and those....[censored!

Shouldn't it be 'Edie' rather than Eddie? Or maybe (s)he has gender identity 'issues'.

[quote name='PeterT' My Lachenal Edeophone treble, Eddie, serial no. 58856, though it is difficult to date Lachenals, is believed to have been made in 1928, so would be 80 this year. A mere youngster, but very well preserved for his age, including his original bellows and leather case. And Eddie, lucky fella, gets taken out of his case and played every day. :)

Chris

Chris,

A male Edeophone? Surely female with that more rounded shape and those....[censored!

Shouldn't it be 'Edie' rather than Eddie? Or maybe (s)he has gender identity 'issues'.

John

Truth to tell, having thought about skirting the 'issue', you could be right - (s)he could be bisexual. After all, (s)he has so many sides! ;)

Chris

PS What do you call a transgender concertina? Anything you like. It can't hear you! :lol:

- (s)he could be bisexual. After all, (s)he has so many sides! ;)

Chris

Chris

I think we're straying into dangerous territory here. LDT could be reading and she might accuse us of being sexist as well as crazy.

Good point, John. Better keep shtumm! Though if my concertina were to undergo a sex change, from a him to a her, I think Edina is a suitably nice name, don't you? Absolutely fabulous, in fact! I hope LDT would approve.

Chris