Another Murdered Tune!

Ptarmigan

OK since I've had my first English nearly 4 weeks now, I thought I'd better demonstrate, at the risk of ridicule, how I'm getting on & to show Dave Prebble that I am at least trying to make good use of his Concertina. :)

So here's a short clip of my first tune.

Farewell to the Creeks

Ah well, I guess it can only get better ...... I hope! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dick

P.S. I'm very sorry LDT, I've just realised that I used a bad choice of words for the title of this thread. :wacko:

I certainly didn't mean to imply that you did murder your tune, on the thread next door!

Of course we all know you did make a fine job of it.

Edited by Ptarmigan

P.S. I'm very sorry LDT, I've just realised that I used a bad choice of words for the title of this thread. :wacko:

I certainly didn't mean to imply that you did murder your tune, on the thread next door!

Of course we all know you did make a fine job of it.

lol! I know what you mean ;)

Four weeks?!

Well done indeed!

/Henrik

Aye, thanks Henrik, Christian, Leo & SteveS.

.... but Hey, don't forget the 30 odd years I've been playing an Anglo!

.... that's bound to help my button & bellows control! ;)

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

Four weeks?!

Well done indeed!

/Henrik

Cheers

Dick

well done.

Thanks Dick, well at least it's a start.

But I must admit I am pleased & more than a little relieved too, to find that I am actually starting to feel a little comfortable with this new, odd shaped box.

I am also listening to as much English Concertina playing as I can, so as I play this tune I am starting to get ideas for little double stops etc etc to add interest.

I'm not in any hurry though, but I do want to make sure I am going in the right direction. ;)

Cheers

Dick

Four weeks?!

Well done indeed!

/Henrik

Cheers

Dick

well done.

Thanks Dick, well at least it's a start.

But I must admit I am pleased & more than a little relieved too, to find that I am actually starting to feel a little comfortable with this new, odd shaped box.

I am also listening to as much English Concertina playing as I can, so as I play this tune I am starting to get ideas for little double stops etc etc to add interest.

I'm not in any hurry though, but I do want to make sure I am going in the right direction. ;)

Cheers

Dick

well I am playing the anglo, now,but it will be awhile before I put anything up.

I heard some single grace notes and octaves in your playing,that the idea. octave triplets are fun too.

Well Dick, I've spent so many years playing Irish Music on Anglo { & other instruments too } but I certainly do not want to try & make my English sound like an Anglo.

To my ears, I believe both instruments have certain qualities & abilities & I would like to learn to play the English in a way which makes full use of it's strengths.

So I will certainly be trying to build up my knowledge of & ability to play chords & octave notes etc to embellish the tunes, but what I have no intention of doing is trying to play things like Anglo type rolls, which for me always just sound so, awkward, clumsy & contrived on an English.

I'm afraid I despair, when I hear so many trad musicians destroy beautiful tunes by overcooking/over-ornamenting them.

..... climbs off soap box! :P

Cheers

Dick

Four weeks?!

Well done indeed!

/Henrik

Cheers

Dick

"the 30 odd years I've been playing an Anglo"

- I had my suspicions ;)

/Henrik

OK since I've had my first English nearly 4 weeks now, I thought I'd better demonstrate, at the risk of ridicule, how I'm getting on & to show Dave Prebble that I am at least trying to make good use of his Concertina. :)

Dick,

Great stuff, you sound to be making that Prebble restored Wheatstone sing, and just think, it will only get better!

John

Dick,

Great stuff, you sound to be making that Prebble restored Wheatstone sing, and just think, it will only get better!

John

Thanks John,

... but of course it's mostly down to the wonderful way Dave put this wee beauty back together again

Well that, & the new set of SUPER STRENGTH "Duracell Batteries" he fitted, before he sent it over to me! ;)

Cheers

Dick