Beginner Introduction

Jen

Hey all! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been playing Irish music on fiddle and bodhran for a couple of years. About two weeks ago, I tried out a concertina for the first time and was instantly hooked...what a sweet little instrument! I'm fortunate to be able to take lessons at the Riley School in Cincinnati, so I'm going to start concertina in January. In the meantime, I'll probably get a Rochelle to get started (until I can justify the expense and then save up for something better)!

Jen

Hey all! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been playing Irish music on fiddle and bodhran for a couple of years. About two weeks ago, I tried out a concertina for the first time and was instantly hooked...what a sweet little instrument! I'm fortunate to be able to take lessons at the Riley School in Cincinnati, so I'm going to start concertina in January. In the meantime, I'll probably get a Rochelle to get started (until I can justify the expense and then save up for something better)!

Jen

Hello Jen,

I'm new here myself, welcome. I probably won't start playing until January

myself. This is a fine group for beginners and experts alike. I have learned

much just by reading new and old posts. Enjoy your stay.

Mark

Jen

Hello, Jen. (and we say that collectively, I'm sure)...Welcome to the only site cosponsored by C.A. (Concertinists Anonymous). The first step is admitting you have a problem, and we applaud you for it...Right guys?...After your first week, you'll receive a white token to bring out and hold whenever you feel the urge. You'll eventually work your way through the 500 different colors to Gold (Sometimes referred to as "Wheatstone Yellow or Jeffries Pyrite"). We've all been through this so you don't have to feel like you're alone during your struggle with this crippling addiction.....Oh who am I kidding??? We all sneak away into dark alleys or abandoned cars, refrigerator boxes or where ever we think no one sees and partake of a little squeeze now and then...DANG!...did I say that out loud? Does this mean I have to give back my white token again...? One more chance..that's all I ask, just one more chance, I promise I can do better. :(

Jen

Hello, Jen. (and we say that collectively, I'm sure)...Welcome to the only site cosponsored by C.A. (Concertinists Anonymous). The first step is admitting you have a problem, and we applaud you for it...Right guys?...After your first week, you'll receive a white token to bring out and hold whenever you feel the urge. You'll eventually work your way through the 500 different colors to Gold (Sometimes referred to as "Wheatstone Yellow or Jeffries Pyrite"). We've all been through this so you don't have to feel like you're alone during your struggle with this crippling addiction.....Oh who am I kidding??? We all sneak away into dark alleys or abandoned cars, refrigerator boxes or where ever we think no one sees and partake of a little squeeze now and then...DANG!...did I say that out loud? Does this mean I have to give back my white token again...? One more chance..that's all I ask, just one more chance, I promise I can do better. :(

Well, thanks for the welcome! There's definitely worse things to be addicted to and who doesn't like a "little squeeze" from time to time. I'm on the Cincinnati side of the river.

Jen

Hi Jen,

Which side of the river are you on? From your comments I assume I am about 80-90 miles north of you.

Alan

Hey Alan,

I'm on the Cincinnati side...where are you?

Jen

Dublin, in an area that had formally been addressed Amlin, and a hundred years ago had been the community of Sandy Corners. How's that for specific? ;)

Alan

Nice and specific! Dublin is a great place...I've been up there several times for the Irish Festival.

Jen