Northumbrian Pipes & Concertina?

Ptarmigan

On 9/20/2008 at 7:57 PM, Ptarmigan said:

Does anyone here have any links to Northumbrian Pipes & Concertina being played together on YouTube?

Links to sound files of that combination, would also be very useful?

Ta

Dick

To answer my own question ( 15 years later 😀 ) here are links to a few videos I have posted, in recent years, of those two instruments being played together.

i.e. - Myself on Baritone Treble English Concertina and Sam Fleming on Northumbrian Pipes.

Thankfully, for me, Sam's Pipes are in F & not F#.

Cheers,

Dick

#1: 

• Like 1

Does anyone here have any links to Northumbrian Pipes & Concertina being played together on YouTube?

Ta

Dick

To answer my own question ( 15 years later 😀 ) here are links to a few videos I have posted, in recent years, of those two instruments being played together.

i.e. - Myself on Baritone Treble English Concertina and Sam Fleming on Northumbrian Pipes.

Cheers,

Dick

#2: Mrs Jamieson's Favourite

Ta

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

#3: Salmon Tails, Jimmy Allan & Winster Gallop

Ta

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

#4: Wild Rose of the Mountain

Ta

Dick

Cheers,

Dick

#5: Lamshaws Fancy, Herd on the Hill & Holmes Fancy, by the inglenook fire in the Bushmills Inn, on the Causeway Coast of Co. Antrim.

2 hours ago, Ptarmigan said:

...#3: Salmon Tails, Jimmy Allan & Winster Gallop...

True story - it was that recording of 'Salmon Tails' which really decided me to get stuck in and learn to play the thing - brilliant - a belated thank you!

Edited by Roger Hare
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Hare said:

True story - it was that recording of 'Salmon Tails' which really decided me to get stuck in and learn to play the thing - brilliant - a belated thank you!

Hey Roger, don't blame me! ... 😀😀😀