I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

LDT

Does anyone know where I can find the notes for 'I do like to be beside the seaside'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Do_Like_To_...ide_the_Seaside

Thought it would be fun to learn...seeing as I live beside the seaside. ;)

although I think the lyrics should be:

Oh! I don't like to be beside the seaside

I don't like to be beside the sea!

Its not safe to stroll upon the Prom, Prom, Prom!

Where the cars blast out ' boom-boom-boom'

So just let me get away from the seaside

I'll be beside myself with glee

For there's lots of yobs besides,

I should like to be beside anywhere but,

Beside the seaside!

Beside the sea!

Edited by LDT

Hi LDT

You mean this one?

MIDI and Lyrics

http://www.eastbournecousins.com/idolovetobe.htm

yep. Its a tune I recognise so I thought it would make it easier to learn the tune. Only problem is I'm rubbish at getting the dots from the notation....I can never workout the easiest button to use or what row it should be. :(

Only problem is I'm rubbish at getting the dots from the notation....I can never workout the easiest button to use or what row it should be. :(

If you mean dots from the notation ......

(1) Bookmark the Tune-o-Tron converter.

(2) Bookmark Jens' site. This enables you to transpose music into a different key, if you prefer.

(3) Copy/paste the ABC text into the T-o-T converter; you can then listen to the midi file, or convert the code into sheet music. You still have to work out the "correct" or "best" button options, though.

http://www.concertina.net/tunes_convert.html

http://www.8ung.at/abctransposer/

==========================================

X: 278

T:I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

% Nottingham Music Database

S:Toby Bennett, via EF

M:6/8

K:C

g2^g |"C"a3 g2e|"C"d2c B2c|"G7"g3 g3|"G7"g3 g2^g|"C"a3 g2e|"C"d2c B2c|"F"a3 a3\

|

"F"a3 a2^a|"G7"b3 a2f|"G7"e2d ^c2d|"C"a3 g3|"C"f3 e2^d|"D7"e3 d3|"D7"e3 d^cd|\

"G7"e3 d3|"G7"B3 g2^g|

"C"a3 g2e|"C"d2c B2c|"G7"g3 g3|"G7"g3 g2^g|"C"a3 g2e|"C"d2c B2c|"F"a3 a3|\

"F"a3 a2^a|

"F#7"b2^a b2a|"B7"b3 a2f|"Em"a2g a2g|"A7"a2g f2e|"D7"d3 a3|"G7"a2e d2e|\

"C"c3 c3|c3 ||

================================================

Good luck!

You still have to work out the "correct" or "best" button options, though.

how do I do that?

What's the secret? I keep doing it wrong.

I think ooh that sounds like an easy tune I take it hoem try to work out what buttons to press and think that's really hard. *throws music away* I'll try another..this has happened 10 times I'm starting to think its me.

I think ooh that sounds like an easy tune I take it hoem try to work out what buttons to press and think that's really hard. *throws music away* I'll try another..this has happened 10 times I'm starting to think its me.

Did you try just to play tunes or songs you already know by heart? Lullabies, nursery rhymes and the like? I think it's easiest to start with such songs, playing them by ear. They are easy to play, you get acquainted with your instrument and you know how the songs 'should sound'. Thus you don't have to bother with notation, transposition etc. Normally they should play easily on the middle row/C-row. After you have managed some of them and they become boring to you, you could try to play chords in addition to the melody. Two or three different chords should be enough to accompany most of these songs. I play the melody on the right side (well, sometimes it goes a little on the left side), and press buttons 1 and 2-3-4 (or 3-4-5) in turn on the left side. If this becomes boring to you, you are ready to move on to more complicated arrangements.

If (after one-two-three weeks) this goes well, you will have a good fundamentation and could try to play notated tunes, if you want to.

Sebastian