Australian Bush Tunes

Patrick King

Hi everyone! :D

Here's a link for a whole stack of Australian bush tunes in which are based in the home keys (C and G) or to use the useful skill of... cross-rowing. htpp://www.davidjohnson.id.au/music/tutors/concertina.htm . There is a lady who plays the concertina also and gives me conc. lessons. She rung me up to tell me about that site which she got out of some magazine.

Hope you all like it! :D

Pat

Hi everyone! :D

Here's a link for a whole stack of Australian bush tunes in which are based in the home keys (C and G) or to use the useful skill of... cross-rowing.

Hope you all like it! :D

Pat

Pat,

I like it! :) I'm looking forward to trying out a few of the tunes later. The annotation by finger in standard position should work OK. (See thread on Anglo notation!)

Waaay back about 1970, I bought an LP (you know, those black plastic things with a hole in the middle ;) ) entitled "Click Go The Shears - Songs of Australia" by William Clauson. All songs, as the title implies, but there is quite a bit of concertina in the accompaniments. I thoroughly enjoyed the LP, and a couple of the songs have been in my repertoire ever since.

It'll be interesting to hear the old recordings when they are up on teh site.

Thanks for the heads-up,

Cheers,

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Patrick,

Sound great .. would love to see it, but link doesn't work for me. Have changed the htpp to http, but still no joy. Any help appreciated. Seems others can get to the link, so would appreciate link from someone who has got to it.

Thanks heaps

Hi Patrick,

Sound great .. would love to see it, but link doesn't work for me. Have changed the htpp to http, but still no joy. Any help appreciated. Seems others can get to the link, so would appreciate link from someone who has got to it.

Thanks heaps

Thsis link HERE goes to the bush trad music page but the link (under Resources) for concertina tutor is broke :-(

Ah-ha - a bit of Googling got me this version of the site where the link do seem to work -start HERE and work down from RESOURCEs

Edited by spindizzy