Coming From The Us To Ireland Any Time Soon?

I need to have a concertina brought over from the US. It will have to be hand-carried since it can't be put into luggage for fear of theft or damage.

I could meet you at Shannon (or anywhere in Ireland) so you wouldn't have to travel around Ireland with it.

I can offer you a great meal, a friendly local session and our spare bedroom (with private bath).

The concertina weighs about 5 lbs and the case measures about 10" x 10". The case is very protective and customs coming into Ireland is a non-issue.

If you can do this please let me know. You'd be saving me over $200, the fear of mailing an expensive instrument, and possible V.A.T. in addition.

The sooner you can let me know the better. I'd have the concertina sent to you.

We’ve talked about this on the board before. It could be a safe and inexpensive way for us to move instruments across borders and distance.

Thanks in advance.

(Edited for typo)

Edited by cocusflute

Since my first posting a couchsurfer has offered to bring the concertina to me when he comes to Ireland.

But I'd like to leave the original posting up for a while so that we can see how people feel about it.

Several of us on either side have bought instruments that needed to shipped one way or the other.

It's always been stressful and expensive. This could be a better way.