A Happy Concertina

I put this file in my blog and figured I'll stick it here, too. Just a 30-second-ish freeform improvisation in the key of C -- my concertina and my foot bass.

Bob Snopes at The Button Box recently fixed a broken reed on my foot bass -- the G. (Yay! So glad there's Bob! -- and Judy, too! :) ). I still need to get a repair done on the foot bass, but I can play in keys that don't require the reed still needing to be fixed.

Exactly how I came to need these repairs isn't clear, but... stuff happens, I guess.

FootBass_EC052808.mp3

o my! it is absolutely wonderful. i had lived my life so far without foot-bass lust, but no more. thank you for sharing the music, and spreading the obsession.

they are quite inticing, much like a drunken pink elephant trampeling about. Good stuff!

I want to build a similiar device but without concertina type reeds, instead with bagpipe chanters and drones, then again there is the less enchanting techno-solution. Still would bea great bit of fun and could not be all that difficult to make.

I put this file in my blog and figured I'll stick it here, too. Just a 30-second-ish freeform improvisation in the key of C -- my concertina and my foot bass.

Well, I always thought of the concertina as a kind of organ -- and you proved it! The very idea, playing notes with your feet :P What would JS Bach say ;)

I'm impressed by the quick speech of the deep reeds, and also by your long, sustained notes. You're getting pretty good at that beast!

Bob Snopes at The Button Box recently fixed a broken reed on my foot bass -- the G. (Yay! So glad there's Bob! -- and Judy, too! :) ).

Ain't that the truth! These folks are great.

Exactly how I came to need these repairs isn't clear, but... stuff happens, I guess.

FootBass_EC052808.mp3

Things just break now and then. --Mike K.