So That's What Mint Looks Like

Paul Read

Perhaps it's "Polo -- the mint with a hole." Or lots of holes -- must be very mint indeed. :lol:

So besides broken frets on one side, what else indicates it's quality?

I noticed the bellows are a little warped, but it may not be damaged, just old. It doesn't look like an entry level, it has 6 folds bellows.

Is it brass reeded? Some sort of upscale from the entry level?

May be OK as a back up, if the insides are intact.

Perhaps it's "Polo -- the mint with a hole." Or lots of holes -- must be very mint indeed. :lol:

I noticed the bellows are a little warped, but it may not be damaged, just old. It doesn't look like an entry level, it has 6 folds bellows.

The 6-folds is interesting. You'd expect 4 or 5. Mint usally means it looks like it just came out of the shop. Looking at the broken frets and marks around the end bolts I'd say "mint

is definitely pushing it! To answer your question, the mahogany ends and coarse fretwork usually indicate a cheaper model. It would likely have brass reeds but not necessarily.

The 6-folds is interesting. You'd expect 4 or 5. Mint usally means it looks like it just came out of the shop. Looking at the broken frets and marks around the end bolts I'd say "mint

is definitely pushing it! To answer your question, the mahogany ends and coarse fretwork usually indicate a cheaper model. It would likely have brass reeds but not necessarily.

I have contacted the seller.

Held by one end, it fully expands for 7 seconds.