Gibet_b's Concertina Learning

gibet_b

Watch the video

It's not perfect, of course. I hesitate 2 or 3 times, and I'm not sure about how to use the air button during I play.

I make these video for somebody who wants to follow the firt steps of learning concertina by a true beginer.

Watch the video

It's not perfect, of course. I hesitate 2 or 3 times, and I'm not sure about how to use the air button during I play.

I make these video for somebody who wants to follow the firt steps of learning concertina by a true beginer.

Hi J-B,

Brave man! Considering that you've had the concertina only just over a week, a very good effort, and so brave to play in front of a camera.

Sounds pretty good to me; instantly recognisable and musical.

Can I suggest another two exercises for you on this tune? :

(1) Try playing the melody one octave higher than the written music.

(2) Try playing the melody as written, and an octave higher simultaneously.

The above will introduce you to the concept of "playing in octaves", also it will give you the option of playing melody on the right hand, plus accompaniment on the left hand, should you wish to play in this style. Some players of the Anglo find the co-ordination between the two hands a difficult concept. I believe it to be important to learn this lesson at an early stage, if possible.

Please keep us posted regarding your progress.

Regards,

Peter.

The above will introduce you to the concept of "playing in octaves", also it will give you the option of playing melody on the right hand, plus accompaniment on the left hand, should you wish to play in this style. Some players of the Anglo find the co-ordination between the two hands a difficult concept. I believe it to be important to learn this lesson at an early stage, if possible.

Please keep us posted regarding your progress.

Regards,

Peter.

I know I wish I had started that sort of exercise earlier.

Alan

Hi Peter !

Brave man! Considering that you've had the concertina only just over a week, a very good effort, and so brave to play in front of a camera.

Thanks a lot. I made it for two reasons :

- to send a video to the persons who gave the money (for christmas) for buy my concertina ;

- to have some feedback about my learning, because I have no teacher for the moment.

Sounds pretty good to me; instantly recognisable and musical.

Good news, but maybe the rythm is not the best yet. I think the rythm will be one of the more difficult point in my concertina learning.

Of course you can give your opinion and your ideas ! I will try to do what you suggest. Maybe this type of exercise is less difficult when you have play piano, as me... Maybe not.

Edited by gibet_b

Guest Mick Diles

Hi gibet_b,

I completely agree with Peter's comments. It is good to see that you are aware of the possibilities for improvement.

Good news, but maybe the rythm is not the best yet. I think the rythm will be one of the more difficult point in my concertina learning.

May I suggest that you first try to count the beats while humming the tune or to tap with your feet while playing (or anything in between). A simple metronome might help as well...

go on.. and have fun!!