Concertina On Youtube

SteveS

Hint! Hint!

There is another one from the same "concertinist". I think it's from the same movie. Can you find it? :lol:

If you do you will hear a "Big Noise" ;)

Thanks

Leo :P

Edited by Leo

There is another one from the same "concertinist". I think it's from the same movie. Can you find it? :lol:

Leo,

You must mean "Mairzy Doats" then!

Yet another link between Stan Laurel & Concertina?

Hi Stephen

Yes that's the one. Both classics. Is is possible, it's the true video of the tune on the "recorded links tune page"? :rolleyes:

My meager understanding of history is that Stan bought a concertina for his wife and played one, but for the life of me, I don't remember where I heard that before. :unsure:

Thanks

Leo

Yet another link between Stan Laurel & Concertina?

My meager understanding of history is that Stan bought a concertina for his wife and played one, but for the life of me, I don't remember where I heard that before. :unsure:

Ummm, like maybe in the second of the two links I gave? ponder2.gif

I wonder if it was one of these that Stan was "playing" (upside down!), it's even got a hinged end for putting the bomb inside:

ROLLCONCERTINA3.jpg

Edited by Stephen Chambers

I'm curious as to who is actually playing the music that Stan is miming in that clip.

Sounds to me like it's a duet. Could it be Percy Honri, or even grandson Peter (who would have been about 15 years old when the film was released)?

Or might they have found an American concertinist who could do the job? If the latter, who would it be?

Does the film have credits for such things?

Edited to correct the relationship between Perci and Peter. I had first indicated they were father and son. Thanks to Stephen C. for setting me right.

Edited by JimLucas