Sandy Denny

martyn

Hi All,

I have just been listening to the late Sandy Denny's 1972 album "Sandy" and was wondering if anyone knows who the anglo player is on Track 9 "It Suits Me Well".

To me it sounds like it could possibly be John Kirkpatrick, but I can't be certain.

Does any one know for sure?

Martyn

Hi All,

I have just been listening to the late Sandy Denny's 1972 album "Sandy" and was wondering if anyone knows who the anglo player is on Track 9 "It Suits Me Well".

To me it sounds like it could possibly be John Kirkpatrick, but I can't be certain.

Martyn

Good Question! Below is the discography information for the album and John's name is not included, but it is very likely to be him as he was making a name for himself as squeezebox player at the time in a duo with Martin Carthy and did record with Fairport Convention and former members on some of their other music projects. I can't think who else it could be. Next time I see him, I'll ask him and see if remembers.

Sandy

Sandy Denny Island ILPS 9207 (CD IMCD 132) Produced by Trevor Lucas, engineered by John Wood Sound Techniques & Basing Street Studios, Spring 1972 Richard Thompson - guitars, mandolin; Pat Donaldson - bass; Timi Donald - drums; John Bundrick - organ.

Chris

Hi Martyn,

Yes, it's John:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:a6zHZ4w...;cd=1&gl=uk

Just think, it's almost 30 years since Sandy died. I was introduced to her singing by a good friend of mine, who raved about her. I caught her last UK tour, but my friend, who was in the Army at the time, never did see her.

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Martyn,

Yes, it's John:

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:a6zHZ4w...;cd=1&gl=uk

Just think, it's almost 30 years since Sandy died. I was introduced to her singing by a good friend of mine, who raved about her. I caught her last UK tour, but my friend, who was in the Army at the time, never did see her.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks Peter for that information. John has been "buzzy" hasn't he.

I've just been replacing my Sandy Denny records with CDs. Listening to some of her songs still makes my eyes fill with tears.

What a fantastic singer she was and so sad she is no longer with us.

Martyn