38k Rosewood-ended Lachenal Anglo For Sale

david robertson

I'll be putting this one on eBay in the next week or two, but I thought I'd give c.netters first crack at it.

It's a 38k Lachenal in C/G, with nicely figured rosewood ends. It has all new pads, valves, springs and bushes, and new chamois seals on the reed pans. The bellows are in outstanding original condition, with no leaks or patches, and none of the usual scuffing - even the gold tooling is in good nick. The ends have been refinished using my usual technique - French polish waxed with very fine wire wool - and fitted with new straps. The serial number is 84252, dating it to around 1903, and it comes complete with its original box, still with key! I believe this instrument was originally made to special order - the A/F on the right-hand accidentals row, for example, had been moved from its usual position on the far right to the far left - but I have restored the conventional layout. More pictures are available on request, and if you're within reach of Norwich, you're welcome to come and try it. I'm looking for offers around £1500.

Edited by david robertson