Dating A Jones Anglo 20b

nkgibbs

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Jones (diagnosed by distinctive fretwork, keyhole-shaped posts, rivetted action) 20b brass-reeded Anglo

with a serial number 9671.

I would very much appreciate an estimate as to a date for this instrument and an explanation on how you date Jones' instruments.

As always, thanks in advance,

Best Wishes,

Neil

Edited by nkgibbs

I would very much appreciate an estimate as to a date for this instrument and an explanation on how you date Jones' instruments.

I don't date them personally, but in any case, I would play it cautiously. Maybe a 3 star restaurant, a proper movie, and then a quick nightcap before the walk home. I estimate success! I would follow that up with a phone call every 3 or 4 days at first, maybe a visit once a week. And then, if you feel her taking a liking to you, after say, 5 or 6 weeks, take a road trip together! By then you'll know if...

Oh, you mean THAT kind of dating... Here's a start.

http://www.concertina.net/wes_williams_dating.html

I don't date them personally, but in any case, I would play it cautiously. Maybe a 3 star restaurant, a proper movie, and then a quick nightcap before the walk home. I estimate success! I would follow that up with a phone call every 3 or 4 days at first, maybe a visit once a week. And then, if you feel her taking a liking to you, after say, 5 or 6 weeks, take a road trip together! By then you'll know if...

Dear John,

I said that the Jones was purchased so this deals with all the above preliminaries! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the URL

Best,

Neil

Edited by nkgibbs