Table Edit And Anglo Concertina

Ceilidh Jock

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a table edit version for the Anglo concertina?

For melodeon there is. It transposes dots into a system where buttons are numbered and it tells you which to push and which to pull. As I said, I do know it exists for melodeon. There is a Dutch internet group that shares tunes with each other this way for the C/F melodeon. But have never heard mention of this being done on concertina. Henk van Aalten gets close to it. He writes it all out himself and his system is real easy to follow. But would like to be able to use software where I can convert tunes in such an easy fashion myself.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Jock

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a table edit version for the Anglo concertina?

For melodeon there is. It transposes dots into a system where buttons are numbered and it tells you which to push and which to pull. As I said, I do know it exists for melodeon. There is a Dutch internet group that shares tunes with each other this way for the C/F melodeon. But have never heard mention of this being done on concertina. Henk van Aalten gets close to it. He writes it all out himself and his system is real easy to follow. But would like to be able to use software where I can convert tunes in such an easy fashion myself.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Jock

Either I am very bad at explaining what my question is, or nobody knows. Does anybody have an inkling about what I am talking about?

Jock

TablEdit (Click here for website) is a software program which will convert staff notation to various forms of tablature, and vice versa. Although mainly aimed at guitar and other stringed instruments, it does also include melodeon/diatonic accordeon and harmonica tablatures.

For melodeon it uses the CADB system (see here for more information).

It doesn't cover concertina, possibly because there doesn't seem to be a generally accepted system of tablature for concertina, but more likely because there aren't many of us compared with melodeon/diatonic accordeon players. However I don't see why the CADB system couldn't be adapted for anglo. TablEdit allows the keyboard layout to be customised (a tab system which doesn't match your instrument is fairly useless) so the variation in Anglo keyboards could be accommodated.

Perhaps you should suggest it to the developer.

In the long term this might interest me too when I get going..absolute beginner here you see. My husband is a Phd software designer..not particularly musical but with a musical person he might be capable of developing some kind of software for concertina. If you think this is likely and practicable I will link you up with him.

Paul more recently developed the Yeoman Sat Nav software.

TablEdit (Click here for website) is a software program which will convert staff notation to various forms of tablature, and vice versa. Although mainly aimed at guitar and other stringed instruments, it does also include melodeon/diatonic accordeon and harmonica tablatures.

For melodeon it uses the CADB system (see here for more information).

It doesn't cover concertina, possibly because there doesn't seem to be a generally accepted system of tablature for concertina, but more likely because there aren't many of us compared with melodeon/diatonic accordeon players. However I don't see why the CADB system couldn't be adapted for anglo. TablEdit allows the keyboard layout to be customised (a tab system which doesn't match your instrument is fairly useless) so the variation in Anglo keyboards could be accommodated.

Perhaps you should suggest it to the developer.

Thank you very much for the response. I have used the one for melodeon before in the Dutch melodeon mailing group specially for this purpose. But I didnt think of asking the developer to make one for the Anglo-Concertina. I think I shall just do that.

Jock

In the long term this might interest me too when I get going..absolute beginner here you see. My husband is a Phd software designer..not particularly musical but with a musical person he might be capable of developing some kind of software for concertina. If you think this is likely and practicable I will link you up with him.

Paul more recently developed the Yeoman Sat Nav software.

I already know the existing software table edit. But the suggestion of asking the developer to make one for Anglo-Concertina was a good suggestion. I will try that. If it doesnt work, may I please then contact you again?

Regards,

Jock