That High Lonesome Sound....

Bit of a late announcement, but I hope welcome to a few "bent characters" in the Boston Area:

Obi's Boys will open the Midday Performances at Framingham State College on September 17, 2008 with a Bluegrass Program,

That High Lonesome Sound

Mark Evans, vocals, concertina, banjo

Tommy Healy, vocals, mandolin

Ed Munafo, vocals, guitar

Gary Fisher, vocals, bass

We will be joined by to special guests, Terry Thomas on banjo and Katherine Kaufman and her harmonicas.

Any C. Netters who might be interested, just drop me an email and I'll arrange parking.

Edited by Mark Evans

• 2 weeks later...

Whew! That was fun. Sorry I didn't make it to the Squeez-in, but very glad we practiced hard and long. It paid off. Capacity audience and you should have heard the seniors sing to "You are my Sunshine" and howl with me on "Where the old Red River flows!" Startin' to feel my age about now.

Teresa made another slide show. We didn't record the proceedings so she just put a clip of Terry and me playing "Red Haired Boy."

Single Malt Scotch and B-E-D.

Edited by Mark Evans

Whew! That was fun. Sorry I didn't make it to the Squeez-in, but very glad we practiced hard and long. It paid off. Capacity audience and you should have heard the seniors sing to "You are my Sunshine" and howl with me on "Where the old Red River flows!" Startin' to feel my age about now.

Teresa made another slide show. We didn't record the proceedings so she just put a clip of Terry and I playing "Red Haired Boy."

Single Malt Scotch and B-E-D.

That was awesome! I listened (watched the slideshow) at work here with my headphones on, and I have to say that the stereo separation on the concertina.. well it's like I could see the notes/buttons in my head or something. :blink: